2.18.2012

Antenna Tuner

As stated previously; I'm new to the hobby of Ham Radio. I am a Tech right now, soon to be a General. Right now I'm slowly amassing gear to put together a shack/station that can operate HF freqs. I have bought a second hand ICOM IC-746 Pro with match ICOM power supply. Well I want to take care of my investment so I also have bought a in store display antenna tuner. The tuner I bought is the MFJ-945e tuner. It covers 1.8 mHz all the way through 6 meters, up to 200 or 300 watts. Which is prefect and plenty for me. MFJ I guess has it listed as a "mobile" tuner but they do mention, as do other users, it's perfectly at home in the shack. I'm pretty excited! This coming weekend is the NC QSO Party and I'm really hoping I'll have my station up and operating for it. As still being a Tech I've only got a portion of the 10meter band to work with but I'm still going to try. Should  I not be up and running I'll be at the Battleship North Carolina(which if you take part is 50 point station) station operating, NI4BK.
MFJ-945e

No comments:

Post a Comment